SiriusXM will offer subscribers the most comprehensive audio coverage available for The 148th Open, taking place this year at Royal Portrush Golf Club in Northern Ireland. SiriusXM listeners will get access to live play-by-play on each day of the Championship with more than 45 total hours of live on-course coverage. Additionally, throughout Open week SiriusXM’s talk programming schedule will include several shows hosted by a remarkable collection of standout players who have 24 Top-10 Open finishes among them – Bernhard Langer, Fred Couples, Hale Irwin, Craig Stadler, John Cook and Brad Faxon.
Live Championship play-by-play, featuring The R&A’s @TheOpen Radio broadcasts, will air Thursday through Sunday on SiriusXM’s “The Open Radio” channel (SiriusXM PGA Tour Radio – Sirius ch. 208, XM ch. 92). The broadcast can be heard on SiriusXM radios and those with streaming access can listen online, on-the-go with the SiriusXM mobile app and at home on a wide variety of connected devices, including smart TVs, Amazon Alexa devices, Apple TV, PlayStation, Roku, Sonos speakers and more. Visit SiriusXM.com for more info.
Championship broadcasts will begin on SiriusXM on Thursday and Friday at 2:00 am ET, and on Saturday and Sunday at 4:00 am ET, and will continue through the conclusion of each day’s play.
“SiriusXM listeners will once again get unparalleled coverage throughout the week of The Open,” said Scott Greenstein, SiriusXM’s President and Chief Content Officer. “In addition to so many hours of live Championship play-by-play, our listeners will be treated to shows you can’t get anywhere else, hosted by some of the game’s greats who have competed in dozens of Open Championships.”
Highlights from SiriusXM’s talk programming during Open week will include the following:
- Bernhard Langer, who has a remarkable seven Top-5 finishes in The Open including two runner-up performances, will join David Marr III to host an hour-long special focused on the history of The Open, golf’s original championship. Langer has competed in two dozen Open Championships, his first in 1980 and his most recent just last year, when he finished in the Top-25. (Debuts Wednesday, July 17 at 11:00 pm ET with multiple replays. Also available On Demand.)
- Fred Couples, with nine Top-10 finishes in The Open, will host a new live edition of The Fred Couples Show on Tuesday, July 16 at 3:00 pm ET.
- Pat Perez, who finished T-17 in last year’s Open, hosts a new edition of his show, Out of Bounds, with Michael Collins on July 16 at 8:00 pm ET.
- John Cook, who was the runner-up in The Open in 1982, hosts Connected with John Cook on July 16 at 7:00 pm ET.
- Brad Faxon, who finished T-7 in 1994, hosts Just the Fax on Monday, July 15 at 4:00 pm ET.
- Major champions Hale Irwin, Craig Stadler and Dave Stockton will each co-host an episode of the post-round show airing after the conclusion of play on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, alongside Taylor Zarzour and Carl Paulson.
- SiriusXM listeners will hear shows hosted by current and former PGA TOUR pros Colt Knost, Mark Lye, John Maginnes, Carl Paulson and Dennis Paulson; as well as noted instructors and coaches Michael Breed, Conrad Ray, Frank Darby, Brian Crowell, Trey Jones and others.
For a full schedule of SiriusXM’s programming visit: SiriusXM.com/GolfonSXM.
NBC Sports Group owns the rights to The Open broadcasts in the U.S. NBC Sports will provide exclusive television and streaming coverage of The Open from Royal Portrush on NBC and Golf Channel.